Friday, January 7, 2011

At Home Nipple Piercing

REPETITION



To my dear and precious daughter,

I'm writing a letter. Exactly, a real letter as before. It is a lost art, right? Like straws.

I have to confess something. At first I loved you very much. You were just that annoying little "bluh." Smelled good, "most of the time, but did not seem to have much interest me, which of course found a bit insulting. You were you and your mom against the world. Funny how some things never change. So I walked aimlessly, my roll, acting like an idiot without really understanding how parenthood transforms you. I do not remember the exact moment when everything changed. I just know he did.

One minute it was impenetrable. Nothing affected me. The next day, somehow, my heart went out of my chest, exposed to the elements. Love was the deepest experience, intense and painful of my life. In fact, it has been such that I could almost stand. As a parent I'm yours, I made a secret ballot to protect yourself in the world. Without ever realizing that it would be me who would end up making you more harm.

look forward When my heart breaks, mostly because I can not imagine talking about me with some kind of pride. How can you do? Your father is a child in the body of a man who cares about nothing and everything at the same time. Noble thought, weak at the time to act.

Something has to change, something has to happen. It's getting dark, too much to see ...


PS: I guess you follow the series of you will have noticed that this is not mine (and I would like). It is the English translation (as best I can) of the letter Hank Moody, star of TV show Californication , wrote to his daughter Becca in the second episode of Season 4 that just begin. Then you can see the video of the moment in which Hank is writing the letter. As usual occur, the translation can hardly do originial shade. And, in this case, in English it sounds great. One more reason to learn the language of the USA.


PD2: Interesting detail. In English, the last sentence, in addition to sound better, makes a nod to the letter K Nocking On Heaven's Door of Bob Dylan. Brilliant.

0 comments:

Post a Comment